Moving Out to a New Home! (Virtually) 😃

Image
Here's today's announcement. Alhamdulillah, after working earnestly for months, I finally can announce that I have a website!  kellytelly.com kellytelly.com kellytelly.com So what's up in this website? Aside from being a one-stop center for my portfolio & activities, I have opened my very own online shop! kellytelly.com/shop kellytelly.com/shop kellytelly.com/shop So far, it is full with my preloved books, which brings me to the next announcement; Preloved Books Sale is coming again to you! With even wider range of genres & even more affordable price, this shop as all the books you need. Only click & buy in one browser & one website. A new book would be on sale every day, so keep your eyes out 👀 Susbscribe so that you would be the 1st person to know about new posts & products 👍🏽 For starter, I think this is a good product to lead with. With that being said, stay tuned for more products to come 😏 I'm excited with all the results that come so far,

I will be more humble...

This post will be more like, self-reflection to myself.
A few weeks ago, I learned something valuable in academic writing; hedging,

Hedging is using cautious language in providing ideas. It lowers the strength of your claims, thus it indicates intellectual honesty, where you are avoiding personal accountability of for statements. You want readers to know that writers do not claim to have the final word on vagueness. This is one of the ways of being more precise in reporting something. You as a writer cannot appear to be arrogant & all-knowing. An additional bonus, hedging also build rapport between writers and readers.

There are a few types of hedges. I’ll just briefly list a few of them with examples; modal verbs (can, may, might), verbs (seem, appear, suggest, estimate, tend, indicate, speculate, assume), and probability adjectives (possible, probable, un/likely).

Learning this makes me reflect on all of my writings. It’s like God is subtly reminding me.

There are quite a lot of my writings where I try to stress out my ideas. All of that stem out from me believing in my ideas, nothing more. And of course, there’s nothing wrong with believing in your own ideas.

But I should use hedging more often. I must show that humility on my writings.

Because I’m a human. No human is ever escapable from mistakes. There’s illogical to think that every single idea that I’ve brought to the table is a right idea. People are free to think critically & critic my ideas. And I cannot be mad at that. Instead, what I should do, is to further my critical thinking & research upon my idea, and if possible & appropriate, come up with rebuttal, that actually rebuts with facts, logic & maturity.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank every single one of you, who frequently read my writings, and then reflect & think critically on them. That’s all that I want to spur inside the ones reading with me. You don’t have to agree with me, thinking about it is enough for me.

Likes are very helpful as it helps to expand the post to more people, but I’m gonna be real honest with you; I’m actually more excited when I see increasing views & comments.
Increasing views means increasing possibility of people reading & reflecting on my writings. And of course, comments are valuable as they are literally comments on my ideas; whether they agree with me or not, whether they like me or not, I still like the comments.

Thank you again, I will try my best to bring more new perspectives, generate more new ideas & such. And I will be more humble in doing so.

medium.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Isu Besar Kehidupan yang disentuh oleh Ejen Ali The Movie

5 Pengajaran Berharga daripada BoBoiBoy The Movie 2

Moving Out to a New Home! (Virtually) 😃