Moving Out to a New Home! (Virtually) 😃

Image
Here's today's announcement. Alhamdulillah, after working earnestly for months, I finally can announce that I have a website!  kellytelly.com kellytelly.com kellytelly.com So what's up in this website? Aside from being a one-stop center for my portfolio & activities, I have opened my very own online shop! kellytelly.com/shop kellytelly.com/shop kellytelly.com/shop So far, it is full with my preloved books, which brings me to the next announcement; Preloved Books Sale is coming again to you! With even wider range of genres & even more affordable price, this shop as all the books you need. Only click & buy in one browser & one website. A new book would be on sale every day, so keep your eyes out 👀 Susbscribe so that you would be the 1st person to know about new posts & products 👍🏽 For starter, I think this is a good product to lead with. With that being said, stay tuned for more products to come 😏 I'm excited with all the results that come so far,

"Should I Be Embarrassed To Make Videos?"

yoast.com

TBH, this is just going to be a rant.

Should I be embarrassed on making contents?
Should I be embarrassed in writing new posts?
Should I be embarrassed in making videos?

I always try to record my videos indoors, so it will be less noisy. But there will be time where I forecast that I may not be able to do it, so I do it during intervals between 2 activities. And usually that will be outdoors.

So there will be me alone, with my phone, with the front camera open, and just talking enthusiastically, like a mad girl. Or at the very least, 'syok sendiri' and being a poser.

I would edit the videos at my room. That also goes with writing a blog post, like this one. So obviously all of my roomates and housemates can see me with my laptop, with my face taking up 50% of the screen. Or if I'm writing a blog post, they will be able to look what I'm writing. Sometimes, I do it outdoors too. Which means more strangers are possible to look at me and thinking all sorts of thoughts.

So normally, I would feel embarrassed. And that feeling will make me want to hide my activities more. As a result, my work becomes slower and less efficient. And ultimately, I produce far less content that I am capable of.

Yes, congratulations. You have discovered my second biggest reason of being inconsistent with my content. (The first one is struggling to being consistent itself)

That makes me mad at myself. So I started to think more, and more. I know I need to change how I think and motivate myself.

And then I thought of something.

If I am afraid of the judgements of strangers, I need to realize that in the next 10 seconds, I might not even see them anymore.
If I am afraid of the judgements of my acquaintances, I need to realize that they have only little to no significant impact in my lives.
If I am afraid of what the people closest to me will say about me, I need to realize that whatever that they talk about, although it may not be pleasant for me to hear it, is usually meant to lift me up and not break me down. And if it does, that just simply mean that they don't have any intention to be my friends in the first place.

Most importantly, if I am afraid of judgements, I need to realize that everyone judges.
I judge. You judge. We judge.
People that are close to us judge.
People that are not close to us judge.

So why fear the inevitable?

Judgements may be right or wrong. And in a sense, judgements will only stay as judgements. It is up to the individuals to manifest their judgements. And if they manifest it in a way that burdens me, or harms me, or make things hard on me, I just need to find other people who will not do that. That's it.

If someone can confidently take a selfie and post it on social medias for fun,
why am I embarrassed to record a 60-seconds video of myself talking about uplifting things?
If someone can confidently post their seemingly unpurposeful pictures of their foods for fun,
why am I embarrassed to write about things that may actually inspire people?

I am not perfect. I am lacking in so many ways. Thus, I need to give myself space to improve my lives and help others to also improve their lives. And I need to be confident in doing that.

Oh, one more thing.

We might be embarrassed to do things that we perceive are good things, because we are afraid that people will think that we are showing off.

Here are the fallacies:

1. It is a judgement. Use all of my arguments that I have said just now.

2. People can only see what you are doing, but they may never know what you're thinking, unless if you tell them. People can only see your behavior but they may never know your thinking.

So, yes sometimes you cannot run from looking like a person trying to showcase his/her greatness. But ultimately, it goes back to what is in your heart.

Are you recording videos in public to make people notice that you're vlogging, or because that day is the day of you filming your video and you just happen to be in a public place?
Are you posting blogs to showcase how great your thoughts are, or because you are really writing from the heart, to help and inspire others?

My final words here;

Being a creator and a content producer are a brand new jobs that exist together with the fourth industrial revolution.
To simply put it, there were no such things. It just emerged now.

So to those who aspire to be an influencer or a content creator, it is okay to let those people lay their curious and judgemental looks on us, as it is something that our ancestors, and heck even our parents, had never encountered before. Even if they did, they existed in different forms.

The general takeaway here, never be embarrassed to do good things.
Specifically, do not let your embarrassment and people's judgements stop you from creating content and aspiring others.
The world needs it more than ever now.

Like I said in the beginning, this is actually just a rant.
Thus, the one who must remember and bear these words the most, is my own self.
Wish me luck.
I wish all of you reading for luck and happiness. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Isu Besar Kehidupan yang disentuh oleh Ejen Ali The Movie

5 Pengajaran Berharga daripada BoBoiBoy The Movie 2

Moving Out to a New Home! (Virtually) 😃