Moving Out to a New Home! (Virtually) 😃

Image
Here's today's announcement. Alhamdulillah, after working earnestly for months, I finally can announce that I have a website!  kellytelly.com kellytelly.com kellytelly.com So what's up in this website? Aside from being a one-stop center for my portfolio & activities, I have opened my very own online shop! kellytelly.com/shop kellytelly.com/shop kellytelly.com/shop So far, it is full with my preloved books, which brings me to the next announcement; Preloved Books Sale is coming again to you! With even wider range of genres & even more affordable price, this shop as all the books you need. Only click & buy in one browser & one website. A new book would be on sale every day, so keep your eyes out 👀 Susbscribe so that you would be the 1st person to know about new posts & products 👍🏽 For starter, I think this is a good product to lead with. With that being said, stay tuned for more products to come 😏 I'm excited with all the results that come so far,

I'm Jealous of Kpop Idols

Let me start by asking this first, are there things that you are jealous of Kpop idols?

We all could name a few. Their great visuals, their amazing vocals, their stunning choreographies, their musical ability, how they seem to jump from one country to another in a short amount of time. We all get that.

But there is another thing that I am specifically jealous of. I’m not sure if anyone else is jealous in this.
There is one thing that they do, that they can do, that they are able to do,
that other people are not necessarily able to do, at least as freely as they can.

When other people do it, they are being frowned upon or even scolded.
But when they do it, fans actually love it, want it more, or at least they are not being frowned upon.

What is that thing?
Being weird in public.

Like, really weird.
Like, really, really weird.

Like, trying cat or dog food, smelling random things, suddenly dance in public just because, breaking things (not on purpose, but still vandalizing?), talking too loud, screaming randomly… all of that shown & known to public.

Like… like…
Imagine if you did that?

No, I’m not going to talk how unfair it is, that if you do that, the best reaction that you could anticipate is a glare, instead of they doing that, they are overflowed by their fans’ love.

Rather than that, I want to talk about the action itself; being weird in public.

Let’s face it, we’re all weird. In some ways. Heck, in many ways.
And it’s up to us to show or hide our weirdness.

I grow up always being the one who stands out, who do things differently from others. I remember once a friend ask me “Why are you so weird?”

I remember replying “We’re all weird. You just show it or hide it.”

(An important note, it’s not as rude & shady as it sounds. She asked in curiosity & I answered like I answer any other question)

And most of us choose to hide it.

And it’s completely normal. Understandable, and in some cases, obligatory.

But I do believe that, in some, appropriate time, it’s not wrong to be unapologetically weird & crazy from time to time. It’s one of the thing that make us humans; being weird when you feel like it is just as normal as crying when you sad, laughing when you feel entertained, smiling when you’re happy, etc.

And in fact, I believe many of us have tried to do this already.
But we usually get shunned & asked “What are you doing? Stop that, it's weird.”

There are time for things. Like I said, it’s not that we do it all the time.
But, when those times come, why not we do it more while we can?

That is why I say I’m jealous. I don’t mean that I’m jealous of becoming a weirdo all the time. It’s just that they are able to express their weirdness appropriately (I mean, most of the time), and people actually don‘t mind. In fact, they like it.

I believe, not just Kpop idols, but we all deserve that. That kind of openness to be weird. Of course, I’m not asking to be liked. Of course I’m expecting a bit of staring. But the very least we can all do, is to not mind at all.

I believe this video is 1 step enough. It’s fun & entertaining. It feels human.
It feels liberating, to be vulnerable, like that.

Please don’t misunderstand my tone. It is not yet another call to awareness or revolutionary movement, or a rebel against society. It is just one of the simple things in life that I noticed & have decided to write it down.

I’m not simply saying let’s be weird.
It’s simply; being weird is okay.

Oh, hi Mark. Source: aminoapps.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Isu Besar Kehidupan yang disentuh oleh Ejen Ali The Movie

5 Pengajaran Berharga daripada BoBoiBoy The Movie 2

Getting a Psychology Degree is a Scam??? 😱😱😱