Moving Out to a New Home! (Virtually) 😃

Image
Here's today's announcement. Alhamdulillah, after working earnestly for months, I finally can announce that I have a website!  kellytelly.com kellytelly.com kellytelly.com So what's up in this website? Aside from being a one-stop center for my portfolio & activities, I have opened my very own online shop! kellytelly.com/shop kellytelly.com/shop kellytelly.com/shop So far, it is full with my preloved books, which brings me to the next announcement; Preloved Books Sale is coming again to you! With even wider range of genres & even more affordable price, this shop as all the books you need. Only click & buy in one browser & one website. A new book would be on sale every day, so keep your eyes out 👀 Susbscribe so that you would be the 1st person to know about new posts & products 👍🏽 For starter, I think this is a good product to lead with. With that being said, stay tuned for more products to come 😏 I'm excited with all the results that come so far,

Fundamentals & Basics of Interfaith by Global UNITY Network

Alhamdulillah, aku berkesempatan untuk menghadiri kelas 2 hari yang bertajuk Fundamentals & Basics of Interfaith, yang dianjurkan oleh Global UNITY Network. #UnityFBI2019/07



Jauh jugak sebenarnya tempat aku dengan Plaza Pekeliling. Penat juga memandu. Tapi Alhamdulillah, Allah permudahkan, & semuanya berbaloi.

2 days were well spent. All the speakers elaborated their topics nicely, on the basics of us living & interacting with people from different faiths appropriately. Especially speaker Bro Shah Kirit. He’s… different. To the point that it reminds me of how I myself am different with my friends. And I see that how his differences turned him into a man with principles, not easily swayed, always asking questions, and never afraid of losing as what we’re ultimately looking for is not winning, but the truth.

I like that. It’s comforting me, seeing how I have the potential to become just like him.

As for the event. I can talk (well, technically, write) all that I’ve learnt. All of them, for those 2 days. I want to, as a matter of fact. Tapi, itu akan menjadi tersangatlah panjang.

Tak apa. Kita pentingkan kualiti, bukan kuantiti. Maka, aku akan cuba berkongsi apa yang aku rasa terkesan.

Sejujurnya, semua slot pun aku rasa terkesan. But none of them hit like the very first slot; Kewajipan Berdakwah.

hidayatullah.com

“Dakwah ialah kewajipan semua orang.”

Yes or yes? Aku rasa benda ni boleh tahan klise juga sebenarnya. Hampir semua orang dah tahu pun.

“Tak bermaksud semua orang wajib bekerja menjadi pendakwah. Bekerja sebagai pendakwah itu satu fardu kifayah. Tetapi, sejauh mana kita, dalam kapasiti kita sendiri, telah berusaha sebaik mungkin untuk menyampaikan kebenaran & kebaikan?”

Aku terus teringat Kelly Telly ni. Blog ni. Video aku. Penulisan aku. Everything that I’ve done for the past 2 years.

Aku dalam hati aku; This is it. Aku ada Kelly Telly. Itulah dakwah aku; menyampaikan kebenaran & kebaikan, dalam kapasiti aku sendiri.

“Kita tak perlu menunggu untuk sempurna. Apa yang kita perlu ialah berdakwah & belajar untuk meningkatkan dakwah kita, pada masa yang sama, dari semasa ke semasa.”

Kata-kata ini pula mengingatkan aku kepada realiti Kelly Telly yang aku tahu tapi buat-buat tak nak tahu; I don’t post often enough.


I don’t post often, yes. But, what I’ve failed to do is posting often enough.

Ingat tak dakwah; menyampaikan kebenaran & kebaikan dalam kapasiti aku sendiri.

What if actually I underestimate my own capacity? What if I can do more?

You know what? I can do more.

But you know why I don’t?

Because I don’t want any mistakes in my content.


That is another reality of myself that I don’t want to swallow; I am a perfectionist in terms of my content. Yes, I barely give enough cares for what I eat, how I wear, and whatever (you see, I don’t even bother to think more!).

But for my content; every word, every subtitle, every second of the video, there will be no mistake.

One of the things that make my blood boil is when I see typos in subtitles in my own videos. And oh my, was I boiling.

Tapi brader ni buat aku terfikir balik. Dakwah ni kewajipan semua, dan aku kena buat yang terbaik. Apabila aku nak semua sempurna, aku ambil lagi banyak masa & tenaga. Maka, aku sendiri mengurangkan kapasiti diri sendiri kerana sesuatu yang tidak perlu. Bahkan, tidak logik sebenarnya. Dunia jenis apa yang takkan ada silap di dalamnya?

All of the due dates that I’ve missed for blog posts, because of super-editing one single video, for example. I thought I’ve done my best, but I’m actually missing out opportunities to produce more content. Those couple of blog posts, even with slight typos on it, may be super helpful for those in need.

But I missed those opportunities. Ada kerugian di situ. Bahkan, mungkin juga ada dosa di situ, kerana aku sendiri tidak pandai menjaga prioriti. Aku mengabaikan tanggungjawab aku sendiri.

Apalah harga satu typo, satu saat video, kalau aku terlepas peluang untuk menyampaikan mesej aku kepada seratus orang?


Jadi, mereka yang manghadiri kursus ini mungkin pulang dengan azam untuk memperbaiki hubungan mereka dengan yang bukan beragama Islam. Tapi... aku pulang dengan inspirasi untuk lebih kerap menulis, membuat video & menyampaikan mesej aku.

Pelik kan? Aku tahu. Tapi itu sebenarnya lagi memotivasikan aku untuk terus ‘produce content’. Because I know I see & think things differently, and I believe that people need to see different view. They don't have to agree, but they definitely should see it.

Aku selalu kena tanya bila orang dapat tahu pasal Kelly Telly;
“So… what do you talk about?”

Kerap kali aku termangu sendiri. Aku sebenarnya tak ada jawapan untuk soalan itu. Even the niches that I wrote on my Hire Me page, that’s just for professional purpose.
To be honest I just… write whatever I want to write. Things that I want to. Things that I believe in. Things that I believe people need to hear

So how do usually answer the question?
 “I don’t really put a genre on what I produce. I just produce my thoughts.”

Back to my perfectionism, definitely it didn’t go away in just a 2-days class. And I know for now, as I'm writing now, it's still there. But what I can say is I am being inspired to let it go & write more.

I don’t want to underestimate my own capacity anymore.

May God gives me strength to do the right thing. Aamiin.

Group pic! Definitely a must :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Isu Besar Kehidupan yang disentuh oleh Ejen Ali The Movie

5 Pengajaran Berharga daripada BoBoiBoy The Movie 2

Moving Out to a New Home! (Virtually) 😃